Monday 13 May 2013

On Mama's Day

My family spoiled me in just the way I had hoped for Mama's Day.  In fact, it was nothing but two days of perfect family time.  Two days full of playing, walking, running, sharing meals with those I love and time under the glorious autumnal sun.   I was delighted with the traditional hand drawn cards and lovely sentiments and the extra snuggles and "I love you" whispered in my ear.  What more could a mother wish for?  Now, between all the magical moments there was still time for the laundry, emptying the dishwasher, picking up Lego and trying to be peace keeper amid squabbling siblings but that is just part and parcel of the role.  Right?

It is around Mother's day that I reflect more on my role of motherhood.  It is something that is always on my mind because I live it day in and day out but in the month of May it is at the forefront of my mind.  I feel so privileged and blessed to be a Mum.  Although I have been a mother for just over eleven years I feel like I am still learning the role.  It changes, challenges and surprises me in so many ways.  I feel that I have become more aware of myself as a mother and am a little more confident and stronger in the most important role of my life.

I hope that you had a happy day too, friends...




“All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.”

 - Abraham Lincoln - 

Thank you to my Mum, Nyrelle for being the most patient, loving, kind and generous soul that I know.  
I love you, Mum. xxx
Mother's Day
~2013~
My favourite time of day - pyjama time.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, you're back!! Ad can I just say that you are one of the most intentional, selfless and loving mums I have ever met. Paddy and Grace sure hit the jackpot with you and I am hugely encouraged by your modelling of unconditional love. So thanks and so glad you had a happy day together xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Susie, that is such a lovely thing to write. Thank you. xxx I hope that you had a special Mother's Day, too. x

      Delete