Wednesday 15 May 2013

The Maker in Me

During the past summer, Martin and I were blessed to have some quality time together.  A once in a life time experience really.  He had some time off work and I was only working here and there (which is what I am still doing) but it gave us the chance to sit and discuss so many things.  During that time, I came to the realisation that I am a maker.  I love to make things by hand - knitting, crocheting, cooking, writing or just plain crafting.  It is my passion, my love and what brings me so much happiness and joy.      

The challenge is finding the time to make.  Sometimes it happens within the ebb and flow of the day but other days I feel lost if I have not had the time to make a thing. Does that sound crazy?  I think that is why I love the different holiday seasons - it is so pleasant making my way through them - sewing, card making, cooking and sometimes even a bit of painting.

Anyway, enough of my rambling...

I thought I would share somethings that I have enjoyed making lately...

A crocheted scarf for my mum on Mother's Day. 
 I followed this pattern from A Spoonful of Sugar 

A grey crocheted blanket for our bed.  
I followed this pattern from The Purl Bee

A knitted scarf for a friend. 



Tell me, what have you made lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment