Wednesday 21 November 2012

Oh Christmas Tree

With many family members visiting for Christmas this year, I am so excited about getting our home ready for the festive season.  The kids and I have decided that this coming weekend is the one for putting up the Christmas tree - much to Martin's dismay because he believes it should not go up until December.  We win!

I LOVE Christmas, it is my favourite time of year and I take it full on - craft, music, decorating, preparing Christmas treats and homemade gift giving. We also have a few traditions that are never broken - our Elf on the Shelf, Jake visits, we have a weekend in the city where we stay at a hotel and visit Santa, see the Christmas lights, purchase or make a Christmas decoration that is symbolic of the year and we also share a special Christmas meal at  a 'fancy' restaurant.  Other traditions include - writing to Santa, the Christmas books are out and each night we read one together under the Christmas tree lights,  Advent calendar and new Christmas pyjamas that I sew for the kids.  It is exhausting but I wouldn't change a thing about it and I know the kids wouldn't either.

Stay tuned for some Christmas photos next week. 
It is simply the most magical (and my favourite) time of the year.
Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment