Thursday 4 October 2012

Crocheted Cloths

Yesterday, Melbourne put on a spectacular day.  The sun shone done on us all day and the kids enjoyed playing outside - painting, board games, skipping and a bit of basketball.  Me, I enjoyed watching them and soaked up the suns rays and got a bit crafty.  I went through my wool/cotton stash and discovered some yarn from a previous project that would be perfect for some much needed dish cloths.  On a day like yesterday, I enjoy making little things that don't take up a lot of my time because they tend to remain unfinished and that frustrates me no end.  The dishcloths above fitted all my criteria for some sun filled crafting - they're quick and easy to make, they're a great way to use yarn scraps and they're functional and needed.

What you need
  • Cotton yarn (I used 4 ply because it was what I had but you can use any ply)
  • Use a crochet hook to match the yarn ply (I used a 2mm hook)
  • Scissors
  • Darning needle to weave in ends
How to
  1. Chain 34 stitches with your crochet hook
  2. Insert the hook into third chain and do one half double crochet stitch into each chain.
  3. Complete row
  4. Chain 2 stitches at the end of each row and continue working in half double crochet until the cloth reaches 20cm (about 24 rows)
  5. Cut yarn and toe off
  6. Weave in loose ends using a darning needle
Here is a youtube clip on how to do a half double crochet stitch

1 comment:

  1. It's just unbelievable, I couldn't believe that it's handmade. It's just next to impossible to give this kind of finishing. hats off to you..
    crochet cotton

    ReplyDelete