Monday 20 August 2012

11!

I have an eleven year old!  
How in the world did that happen?

But this boy, the one who tested my strength and patience as a 
baby has shown me the joy of having a son.  

He reminds me to let him explore, to let him be adventurous, to let him have a go without 'stressing' like I can and to trust him in knowing his own boundaries.  To let him be a boy!

Patrick is my compassionate one, my spirited one, my one who likes to find his way independently.  
He is my witty and silly, caring and kind hearted one.  He is the sunshine in my day.

Thank you for loving us as you do, Paddy Jimmy.  
We are so blessed to have you in our lives.
Happy birthday, precious one!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Patrick - I still remember you walking confidently into preschool on your very first day, not even needing to hold your mama's hand, and announcing "I'm Patrick James Baker and I'm 4!"

    What an amazing, talented and wonderful young man you have become. I hope my boys grow up to be as great as you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and how lucky was he to have a wonderful teacher like you.

      Your boys are destined for greatness having a wonderful, loving and incredible mama like you.

      Delete