What you need:
• One piece of contrasting fabric 10cm x 60cm for the ruffle edge
• Two pieces of fabric 27.5cm x 10cm
• Two pieces of fusible interfacing 25.5cm x 9.5cm
• Two piece of batting 25.5cm x 9.5cm
How to make your iPhone Case
- Fold the piece cm x cm in half with right sides together and sew along the edge
- Turn this piece right side out and press
- Using your longest stitch and with your machine on the lowest tension, sew straight down the middle of the fabric
- Gentle pull the back thread and gather your piece until it measure 27.5cm
- Set aside
*Making the Case
- Cut two pieces of fabric lengthwise with the grain 27.5cm x 10cm. Make sure you cut accurately here. The key to this project is cutting and sewing accurately.
- Fuse interfacing to the wrong side of fabric.
- Fold the tab (6.5cm x 5cm) piece lengthways into fourths and topstitch around all sides.
- Remove the gathering stitch on the ruffle
- Place fabric pieces right side together, add batting to the wrong side and pin all pieces together.
- Fold tab in half and place in the middle of one of the shorter sides.Don't forget to add the tab!
- Sew all around with a 1cm (3/8") seam allowance
- Leave a 4cm gap on one side for turning
- When finished trim the batting from the seams and clip the corners
- Turn right sides out and carefully poke each corner out.
- Hand stitch the opening shut
- Top stitch the top and bottom
- Fold the piece in half with the tab on the back
- Stitch as close to the edge as you can ensuring that all layers are caught. (Be sure to go back and forth at the top and bottom to reinforce the seams)
- Add a split ring (not in the picture - I forgot to purchase one!