Sunday 25 March 2012

We've Arrived

I can't tell you how much I LOVE New York City.  As soon as we landed, I felt a wave of excitement run through me and as we drove closer to the city I knew that we were in for a wonderful time .  I know a lot of people don't like the smell of Manhattan but I love it, and the buzz, the busyness, the restaurants, the sites, the atmosphere, the fun...the list goes on and on.

The flight went seamlessly.  The kids didn't sleep a wink from Melbourne to Los Angeles (16 hours).  I have no idea why, but they both didn't shut their eyes once but they were perfect - sat in their seats, kept themselves entertained and enjoyed a movie (or two, or three). Funny thing is Martin and I didn't sleep either.  As soon as the tyres hit Los Angeles I could see their eyelids getting heavier and I knew that they were going to crash as soon as we hit customs and immigration...right!  Grace wanted to be carried as we tried to heave our bags and line up with the thousands of people in queues.  Not fun but thankfully they both knew that we had to get through ASAP to make our adjoining flight to JFK.  They were both co-operative and we made our flight with a few minutes up our sleeve.  Neither of them remember the take off or the landing.  They were out like a light.

As soon as we hit the city it was time for dinner.  We wandered up and down midtown and couldn't decided.  So many amazing restaurants but we ended up at a cozy little bistro and enjoyed our first family dinner in a perfect New York way.  The city was right at our door step so we walked for about an hour or two stopping along the way showing the kids all that we have waiting for us over the next week. 

When we returned to our hotel at around 9.30pm they were both more than ready for a big sleep.  It was so lovely tucking them into bed knowing that we have so many fun things to share with them in the coming days/weeks.

I do have photos to share but the connection at our hotel is incredibly slow so I will post some on here as soon as I get a better connection.



No comments:

Post a Comment