Friday 2 March 2012

Our Favourite Banana Bread

As requested by my very dear friend, Helen.  Here is the recipe I use for Banana Bread.  The kids devour it - even my little sparrow , Grace (see the photo below).  In fact, she enjoys making it with me.  It's that easy.

Banana Bread

Ingredients
  • 2 bananas, mashed 
  • 125g low fat margarine or butter, melted
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2 Tbsp skim milk
  • 1Tbsp vanilla extract
  • 2Tbsp maple syrup
  • 1/2cup brown sugar (or 3tablespoons Agave)
  • 1 1/2 cups self raising flour (I use wholemeal) 


Directions
  • Preheat oven to 160'C
  • Mix together the bananas, margarine (or butter), eggs, milk, vanilla, maple syrup and sugar (or agave). 
  • Sift in flour and gently combine. 
  • Pour into a lined or greased loaf tin 
  • Bake for 45-50 minutes or until cooked through.
Enjoy!




1 comment: