Thursday 15 March 2012

On My Needles

There has been a lot of crocheting and knitting go on around here lately.  I think it's because of the gorgeous autumn air, combined with a whole lot of quiet nights - Patrick is at camp, Martin is busy working and Gracie and I at home, just the two of us.  Holding something in my hands, knowing that I am creating a special piece for the ones I love brings me a whole lot of satisfaction.  I just love it.

I couldn't help myself.  I ended up casting on and starting the scarf for Martin and the Baktus for me.  It was just sitting there waiting for me to begin.  I couldn't resist.  Now I need to stop and wait for our flight, or even better, finish off and find a new project for the plane.
Today, I also bring you progress on my crochet project Flowers in the Snow.  I know that this was suppose to be for our guest bed, but in all honesty the whole family love it on our couch.  We all agree that the pop of colour brings happiness into our little family room and if we had it on the guest bed we wouldn't enjoy it as much.  So it's a unanimous decision to leave it where it is for now and maybe, sometime down the track, I will crochet a few more squares and then we'll take it to the guest room.

Isn't it an inviting snuggle rug?

No comments:

Post a Comment