Monday 26 March 2012

NYC ~Day Two~

We have walked and walked and walked all day long.  We have tired but happy little bodies.  As I type, I can hear soft, slow breathing from the bed next to me.  The kids have crashed.  I don't think we'll hear from them until the morning.

Some highlights from our day.

A snuggle with my boy before taking Grace to the American Girl's Place for brunch.
Grace hugging her new favourite doll, McKenna. 


Back to my boys and visiting Patrick's favourite activity - Lego.  He was in awe of all the constructions.  Look at the Lego version of Rockefeller Centre.

A wall of Lego.  Paddy's in a dream.


Walking up 5th Avenue to my favourite part of the city, Central Park. 
My kids LOVE squirrels.  Everytime they see one they run up and watch the little creatures bob up and down in the grass.  They giggle and laugh as they watch.  I'm sure most people think that they're crazy being enthralled by squirrels but for two Aussie kids, squirrels are cute.

Sharing my favourite rock in the park with the kids.  When we lived here this rock was my go to place.  I love the view of the city from here but knowing that I am in this tranquil, idyllic place surrounded by the beauty of the park is blissful.

Look at them sitting peacefully on my rock!  That brings a smile to my face.  I never imagined bring my kids to this special place.

After a long walk through the park, we went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  I could have spent hours looking at the artefacts and art works but the kids were exhausted and in need of lunch.  I knew that they had reached their limit.

Then back to our hotel...phew!
I'm off to bed now too. 
I need to be ready for another day of fun in the city.
Tomorrow I hope to find some time to visit The Purl Bee...hooray!
Oh, and in other exciting news for two Aussie kids, there is a possibility of snow tomorrow night.  That is one thing they really wished for when they knew they were coming to the city.  I hope their wish comes true.  Please send some positive snow thoughts for them...hee, hee.

2 comments:

  1. It didn't even occur to me that you would be updating your blog from NYC! It looks like a wonderful trip so far.

    Grace and McKenna are adorable together! McKenna is the Girl of the Year from Seattle--so I will have to pick her up a AG doll shirt from the Seattle store the next time we go. (We don't go very often--it is so expensive as you well know!)

    The NYC store is so much bigger than our closest store. I can't wait to go to one of the big stores like that one day!

    Happy travels!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I didn't even realize that McKenna was from Seattle. When I tell Grace she'll be thrilled. You know my two still love reading Wheedle on the Needle. Maybe one day we'll get our kids together and they'll be able to share a meal together. How wonderful would that be? One day, one day!

      Delete