Thursday 22 March 2012

The Baktus Is Done!

I decided to get cracking with my needles and I finished the Baktus.  It was a super quick and fun project so I thought I'd share it with you.  It is the perfect knitting project for the beginner.  I knitted it in garter stitch but you could easily do it in stockinette (knit, purl)

What you Need:
I used 3 skeins of 8 ply wool (Jo Sharp Silkroad DK in Treasure)
4.00mm needles

How to Knit:
Cast on 4 stitches
Row 1: K1, YO, knit the rest of the row
Row 2:Knit (make sure that you knit the YO through the back loop)
Row 3 and 4: Knit

Repeat rows 1 through 4 until you have used up half your yarn, or until your scarf is 50% the desired length.

Then decrease 1 every 4th row
Row 1: Knit, K2tog through the back loop. Knit the rest of the row
Row2,3 and 4: Knit

When you have 4 stitches left, cast off.


I am hopeless at getting pictures of myself.  For a start, there is no one here during the day to take pictures of me and secondly, I don't like having my picture taken.  Anyway I do love wearing the Baktus.  The wool is absolutely beautiful and has a tweed like finish.  The whole project measures about 145cm and sits right on my waist line.  It can easily wrap around my neck to keep me extra warm (perfect for when we're in NYC).
I am going to try and blog during our journey through the US.  I don't know if I will be on here everyday but I will keep you up-to-date with photos and a story (or two) when I can.  
Thank you for all the well wishes. x

No comments:

Post a Comment