Monday 20 February 2012

A Little Basket

Over the weekend I worked on this little basket.  It is only small, but enough to hold some wool/cotton, a crochet hook and needles.  When I am working on a project, I like to have what I need next to me and what better way, than with something pretty like this.

The basket was incredibly easy and quick to make.  I used heavy cotton and made lots and lots and lots of single crochet stitches.  I started with the base and increased the stitches as I went around until the base was a desired size.  Then I made a row of single crochet (sc) stitches into the front loop of the previous row and went round and round until it was at a desired height.  I added the white border for a contrast. 
The 'Flowers in The Snow' blanket continues to grow.  I have stitched together many squares but I need to add a lot more so it can fit on our guest bed.  I'd like to complete it before we go to the US (in one months time...yikes) because we have two different families coming to stay while we're away.   I better get my hook into action.  Now that the weather is a bit cooler I am enjoying working with the wool a lot more.

Gracie thinks the blanket belongs to her.  She tells me that it's perfect the size it is now - perfect for her that is!  See her relaxing over the weekend with the blanket on her lap.  

Have a great week. x

No comments:

Post a Comment