Monday 16 January 2012

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is not a big celebration in Australia. Sure you can buy flowers at exorbitant prices or a few knick knacks at the shops, but it is not huge here like other parts of the world. Me, I like to do a few special things with my family to remind them how much they mean to me. There are so many ideas out there and it's hard to knuckle down to one or two favourites but here is what I intend to create...

I think this gum ball necklace is so cute. It's from One Charming Party.  I have one little girl here who would LOVE it!  Guess who?


I adore this pillow and now that I have my new sewing machine. I hope to find some time to make it.
It would fit perfectly in our family room. The tutorial is here.  I also like that it can be used anytime throughout the year, not just for Valentine's.

I hope to make these cute little Noughts and Crosses (Tic Tac Toe) kits to play with the kids while we celebrate a special Valentine's meal together.

So much fun!  I know that it is still a few weeks away but the organised person in me likes to get things sorted well before the celebration begins.  I am a Capricorn after all.










No comments:

Post a Comment