Wednesday 21 December 2011

The Start of the Christmas 'Holiday' Season

Today marks the start of the school holidays and also the start of Martin's annual leave...hooray!  I LOVE having the whole family together.  Yes, we are busy packing, organising, folding and cleaning but it's just nice to be home - together.  


I find it hard to believe that Christmas is four days away!  Four days...that's CRAZY!  We live in in Melbourne and all of our family live in Sydney so we will be heading north tomorrow.  We intend to stop at Jindabyne tomorrow night (yes, I know it makes the journey longer) but we need to have some 'family time' before the onslaught of busyness in Sydney.  I'm looking forward to seeing my parents, brother, sister, nieces and nephews and in-laws but I sometimes find it hard to breathe with rushing here, there and everywhere and seeing everyone we need to see.  


Last night we drove to see some of Melbourne's Christmas lights.  In the area we live no one, and I mean no one has Christmas lights out - we don't either.  I'm not sure why that is because we have only recently moved but  it doesn't feel very festive around here.  It is part of our Christmas tradition to take the kids to see the Christmas lights and this year was no exception.  I only had my phone with me, the photos below are not great but photos nonetheless.




Today I aim to finish the Ravelry Mug Snug that I am knitting.  I hope to finish 3 more for little gifts.  I'll post a pic of the finished works when they're done.

Off to pack...and sort...and fold...and iron...and wrap..FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment